How do I connect to my WebLink website via FTP securely (FTPS)?
Due to security measures and to fully meet PCI Compliance standards, if you have been given FTP access to your WebLink website you will need to connect securely (FTPS). You can use any FTP program that supports a secure connection (FTPS over SSL) - we recommend the free application Filezilla. Internet Explorer does support this secure connection.
If you have previously connected via FTP, your information/username/password will remain the same, you simply need to change "FTP" to "FTPS" when connecting. If you have previously used IE and would like to start using Filezilla, follow the instructions below.
1. Download the Filezilla software at http://www.google.com/url?q=http://filezilla-project.org/download.php&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHpiCFjg6Z2IVU7u_wKlK8u8SRn8Q.
2. Once the download is complete, double-click the file and install Filezilla.
3. Open Filezilla by selecting the icon on your desktop or from your Windows Start Menu.
4. Go to "File" and select "Site Manager."
5. Select "New Site" to setup a new FTPS connection. Be sure to give your new connection a name as you can select this site from the site manager in the future.
7. You will now be securely connected to the FTP server. To verify make sure you see a lock in the lower right hand area of the Filezilla window. See image below. If you double click the lock, a new window will open displaying the certificate information in the picture above.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Want some training on WebLink Connect? Sign up today for one of our upcoming online training classes.