|Adding and Removing Affiliation Codes|
How do I add affiliations to a profile or a group of profiles, and how do I remove them?
In WebLink an Affiliation is simply a group of profiles that you want to keep track of. You may use Affiliations to separate Profiles in groups such as political interests, business types, sections of town, or any other types of groups that may exist in and around your region.
To link one specific profile to an Affiliation code, follow these steps:
1. Search for and open the Profile to which you want to add the Affiliation.
6. To remove any Affiliation codes from the right-hand list, select the Affiliation, then click the [<<]
You can also use the Profile Selector to assign multiple profiles to an Affiliation Code. Doing this makes creating a new list of people or companies much faster than by adding the Affiliation Code on each Profile Record. Follow these steps to assign multiple profiles to an Affiliation Code:
1. Go to Profiles > Profile Selector
2. Use the Profile Selector to search for the Profiles you want to work with.
3. Use the Ctrl and Shift keys on your keyboard to highlight the profiles you want to link to your Affiliation Code. Use Shift-Click to highlight blocks of profiles; use Ctrl-Click to highlight individual profiles.
5. Use the drop-down menu to select the Affiliation Code you want to link your profiles to. Click Add.
6. To remove an affiliation code from multiple profiles, follow steps 1-3 above and choose "Remove Affiliation Code from Selected Profiles." Select the code you want to remove from the drop-down menu and click Remove. Because this will completely delete the affiliation code from ALL profiles that you have selected, you need to confirm the deletion by typing "remove" in the box that appears, and click OK.
NOTE: for a large number of profiles (several hundred or more), it will take a few minutes for WebLink to make all changes. Once all changes are complete, you will see a notification. You cannot continue to use WebLink while this is working.