How do I create and send usernames and passwords for Members Only to my members?
To access your online Members Only portal, your members (and their related profiles) will need have a username and password. You can manually create the login credentials (username and password) for the profile when they become a member, or the member can set their own password using their email address.
To manually create/edit the username and password of a profile:
1. Find and open the profile, using the Quick Search on the left of your screen or the Profile Selector.
2. Click the Web tab, then the Portal tab.
3. Type into the username and password fields and enter any username and password (letters and/or number).
4. Click Save at the top of the Profile. The password will be encrypted to our central authentication database, and the Password field in the database will display as blank after saving is complete.
To allow the member to set their own password:
1. In the Profile > Web > Portal tab, click "Send Password Reset Email." This will only send if the profile has an email address (displayed next to the Username field on this screen). The profile does NOT need to have a username as long as they have an email address.
2. A window will appear confirming that you would like to send the reset link to the member. Click Send Email, and the member will receive an email with a link to set and confirm their new password. This is the standard system "Forgot Login" link email and is not editable. To send a customized email with the password link, see below for instructions on using the Mass Communicator.
You can send usernames and passwords in mass using the Mass Communicator.
1. Go to Communication > Send Email (or Send Mass Communication in the desktop).
2. In the Message tab, use the HTML Editor to compose your message. To insert the username/password, click the Special Field dropdown and insert 'Portal Login Credentials Link' wherever you want the username and password to appear. When you send the email, this will automatically populate with each individual username/email, and a unique link to set or reset their password.
4. Send your email as usual. For more information on using the Mass Communicator, click here.