How do I create and send usernames and passwords for Members Only to my members?
The View Profile's Portal, when selected, will take you to a password-protected area of your website where your members can browse the Members Only area. You will need to create the login credentials (username and password) for the profile when they become a member.
To manually create/edit the username and password of a profile:
1. Find and open the profile, using the Quick Search on the left of your screen or the Profile Selector.
2. Click the Web tab, then the Portal tab.
3. Type into the username and password fields and enter any username and password (letters and/or number).
4. Click Save Credentials.
To automatically assign a username and password to all profiles:
1. Go to Communication > Web > Create Portal Logins.
2. Click Yes. All profiles that do not already have a username and password will have these fields automatically filled in. This process does not affect profiles that already have a username and password.
NOTE: this automated process will fill in the Profile ID number as the username, and the last 4 digits of the phone number as the password.
You can send usernames and passwords in mass using the Mass Communicator.
1. Go to Communication > Send Mass Communication.
2. Fill in the 'To:' field with the profiles you want to send the email to (all members, all related profiles, etc.).
3. In the Message tab, use the HTML Editor to compose your message. To insert the username/password, click the Special Field dropdown and insert 'Portal Login Credentials Link' wherever you want the username and password to appear. When you send the email, this will automatically populate with each individual user's credentials.
4. Send your email as usual. For more information on using the Mass Communicator, see the Communication section of the Knowledge Base.